Sunday, September 16, 2018

Monday, July 4th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

It is now July 8th, and I don't really remember Monday.  I went shopping with the caravan on Miyuki Dori.  Mrs. S. went with us and we ran into Jenny U.





She came with us shopping and ate lunch with us at Kentucky Friend Chicken.  I tried green tea ice cream at 31 afterwards...interesting.  We rode the train to school and they met their host families.

Tuesday we went to school.  David took attendance in my E.C. I class.  He did a pretty good job!  Caravan met in my office at 10:30.  David came to part of my E.C. II class, and then we picked everyone up for lunch in the cafeteria.  In the afternoon only Taeko M. showed up for class, so I cancelled, and waited around school till 5:30 when caravan came back from meeting the mayor to go home.

At 7:10 we met Michiyo & her mom & went to Chinatsu's for a surprise party for Sarah's birthday next week.  We had sukiyaki and Chinatsu's father bought a cake.  We did hanabe, and laughed a lot!

We rode home with Chinatsu's mom & arrived at 10:50.  We hurriedly packed and went to bed.

No comments: