Friday, June 15, 2012

ANOTHER Fun Day (but BAD for the Diet!)!!

Yesterday was another fun, and BUSY day!

I started off with my hour long walk (today makes FIVE in a row!), spent a little time memorizing more music for the show, putzed around the townhouse, then headed out into the monsoon (it rained ALL day, off and on...usually only when I had to go out and do something!).

I met my friend Emily for lunch at India House on Grand Avenue (diet DISASTER #1 for the day...I had the Indian buffet...yikes!). 

We haven't had a chance to catch up for AGES, so it was great to spend a little time together!  She heads to NYU on Sunday to spend the summer working on her master's degree in theater education.



After lunch (and a brief break in the rain!), I headed home to work on more memorizing, then headed BACK to Grand Avenue (half a block from where I was before, actually!), to meet my friend Kris for dinner at the Wild Onion (diet DISASTER #2 for the day...I had the BBQ chopped salad!  It's TECHNICALLY a salad, but all the "chopped" really packs on the calories, and, in Weight Watchers terms...POINTS!!!).



We also haven't had a chance to "catch up" for awhile, so decided to go see our friend Rachel in "Mlle. Modiste" at Concordia University (put on by Skylark Opera).

Kris and Martin Luther on the way to the theater

It was GREAT to see Rachel on stage again!  She has a very commanding presence on stage!


I'm not a big fan of opera, but MANY of the actors did a great job with their roles (Rachel, OF COURSE, being the best!)! 

After the show, we met some of the cast at The Happy Gnome for a quick drink, then I headed back to Eagan.  It's kind of fun to stay up until 1:00 a.m. on a week night, but I was GLAD to get home and finally go to bed!


Here's hoping YOU had the chance to reconnect with friends (and wreck your diet!) recently too!!! 

No comments: