Friday, June 1, 2012

My Current (and Past!) Obsession!!

It's getting fairly bad press, but I have to admit that my CURRENT obsession is the television show "Smash" on NBC! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!  I'm SUCH a fan of Katherine McPhee now, and I have to admit that even though I HATE her character, I LOVE Megan Hilty as Ivy.

My PAST obsession is with Marilyn Monroe. It goes back to high school.  I'm not sure HOW I became interested in her, but what a tragic life, and what an amazing talent!!!!

When I moved to Japan after college, I took very few personal items with me...some photo albums, some cds, a couple of jars of peanut butter, and a poster of Marilyn Monroe to hang on my wall.  She was BEAUTIFUL!!! This show has renewed my interest in her (as well as the movie "My Week with Marilyn", which, if you haven't seen, you MUST!  Really well done, and shines a spotlight on a talent gone TOO SOON!!!!)!

Even though the story line has meandered A LOT, I've really enjoyed watching the process of putting "Bombshell" (the musical within the show) together. There have been some AMAZING songs performed this season, but this song, as the "written at the last minute" finale, has me playing it over and over and over for the sheer joy of listening to Katherine McPhee sing it!!!!

Here's hoping YOU found something recently that tickles your musical fancy too!!!!

No comments: