Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I LOVE Summer Break!!!

One of the DELIGHTFUL perks of being a teacher is working your BUTT off for 9 1/2 months, and then getting 2 1/2 months to "regroup".  OF COURSE, I end up spending A GREAT DEAL of the summer "volunteering" back at school (which basically means working without getting paid) trying to wrap things up, and then attempting to get things cleaned up/reorganized/prepared for the fall, but...no worries...it's on MY schedule, and I can go in if I want, or NOT go in, as I please.

Today was one of those LOVELY, CAREFREE, "LET'S DO SOMETHING FUN" days that make the summer worth the stress and aggrivation of the rest of the year...

It started with waking up WITHOUT the alarm clock, taking an hour long walk (while listening to the score for the show I'm doing in August), then spending time memorizing a couple of the songs for that show.

I then took a shower, and went to West St. Paul to pick up Pat and Joel.  We then proceeded to St. Paul to meet Duane for lunch at one of the FABULOUS offerings at the food trucks on Wabasha.  Even though it was "sprinkly" and cold, we had a GREAT time...









After lunch, I dropped P&J at Pat's house, then headed to Edina to meet my friend Chad, who's up visiting from Austin, Texas.  He came over for dinner last Friday night (also with Pat and Joel), and it was GREAT to catch up, and spend time together!!!

We saw "Men in Black III" (which I LOVED...especially the "twist" at the end...!)...


...then did a little shopping at Southdale Center...


...then he went to meet a friend for dinner at Hell's Kitchen, and I went home.

After Duane got home from work, we headed to the opening of the Eagan Marketfest (our local farmer's market).  Even though I didn't buy anything, it was AWESOME to look around...











After Marketfest, we putzed around the house for awhile, then finished the evening with a delightful "sit" in the glider on the deck...the PERFECT ENDING to a WONDERFUL day...




Here's hoping YOU are able to enjoy the pleasures of a "lazy" summer day too!!!!!

No comments: