Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday, June 17th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was unusually busy for a Friday.  I rode the train in with Mr. M., we left Koro eki and were taken to school by Mr. F.  I then went to the chapel to set up.  I spoke & sang at high school chapel.  I practiced my solo with Mr. M. and Mr. N., then went to a long chapel assembly to kick off festival '88.



I ate lunch, then practiced w/Joyful Noise.

I practiced koto, then came home to teach my English class at Megumi.  I have another new student.  My enrollment is around 9 or 10 now.

Misuzu came back from Tsuyama last night.  She brought me a bonsai, some chocolate cookies, and two set of postcards!  Nice!

I listened to part of a synthesizer concert, bought a Japanese "Winnie the Pooh" book, some dessert sticks, and a coke at various student booth today.

All in all it was a crazy day.  With festival starting people were really high strung.

I catted with Chinatsu, Tomomi, Tomoko, Mari K., etc. before chapel as they were making sandwiches for their booth.  We were all high strung then!  (I calmed down after chapel, however).

No comments: