Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sunday, June 5th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today I went to church at Hinomoto.  It was communion Sunday, and they used real wine (which I have long thought should be used, as it was at the actual happening).

After church I met Misuzu D. for lunch at McDonalds and shopping.

I found the magazine Kansai Time Out, which tells of happenings in the Kansai area.  I ordered the 3rd book in the Narnia series (Dawn Treader) at Maruzen.  I bought Pepperidge Farm cookies at Knick Knack, as well as Toffifay and Colgate.

 I started my collection of notebooks with one with a map of Paris on the cover.

Tonight, I wrote letters, cleaned, made ravioli and salad for dinner, did a load of laundry, cleaned the back patio, and so on.

Nao stopped by today to drop off my Japanese text and the tapes she borrowed, finally!



No comments: