Monday, July 30, 2018

Sunday, June 19th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was too busy for words.  I went to Hinomoto at 9:45, then taped my koto music together, grabbed my sambika, and went to Koro church, then ran back to Hinomoto for koto practice before the concert.


Machiko sensei and the koto girls!

The koto performance was really bad.  The kotos were out of tune, we all got lost in the music, and I was so nervous!  After the koto concert (Mr. M. and I did a pretty bad job on our duet too)(but I'm a gaijin, so I can get away with it).

After the koto concert I ran out to the karaoke festival, where I was the special guest, and knocked 'em dead with "Rise Again".  At least they looked like they enjoyed it.




my koto sensei!

Ree and me!

 Chinatsu

Then I watched Kidsland, more karaoke (Chinatsu was after me and she was great!), cleaned my office, etc.

At 4 we started taking things down.  I cut my finger.  It was actually fun taking things down!

I had to leave at 6 to go to M's for dinner and English class.  We talked socially most of the time and discussed future plans of the class.  Next fall I'm upping it to 2 classes a month.

I went back to school after, but they were done with everything.

the "clean up" crew!!

Mrs. Y. brought me home after.  We had a great ride...I think she's warming up to me!  She's actually very nice, and first impressions shouldn't set permanent opinions of someone.

Today is Father's Day I was reminded a few hours ago!

No comments: