Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sunday, July 3rd, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today we got up at 6, did exercises at 7:00, then I went with Mr. M. to school to drop off luggage.  We came back, ate breakfast, and then, while part were driven to church, the rest of us walked and were picked up later by Mr. M.




We had Sunday school in a group, then 1 on 1 on John 3:16.  We sang songs, then went to church.  The caravan did part of the program, I got to be official photographer, and take numerous pictures with numerous cameras.

After church we went to "Herb Garden" for lunch.  I had fresh curry & rice and iced mint tea.  Yum!

After lunch we went to Hinomoto to swim in the school pool.  Needless to say, I got dumped in the drink before it was over.  Ugh.  I hate that!!

After swimming (and dripping up my office), I took a group on the train to Kyoguchi.  We walked to K's for an American picnic.  We had chicken, potato salad, iced tea, etc.  We also did fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July!











I finalized plans to take caravan shopping tomorrow, and David came home with me to begin his homestay- which I didn't think started until the 8th...it could be a long week (but Dave's nice, so it shouldn't be a problem).

No comments: