Monday, April 4, 2016

We Interrupt These Spiralbound Cookbook Postings YET AGAIN...

...so that I can share a photo of my grandma Reynold's chopper:

I fondly remember seeing grandma use this to chop nuts to top ice cream sundaes (with her homemade chocolate sauce) on weekends when mom and dad would take us to spend the weekend at the farm. 

It's been sitting on top of my kitchen cupboards, gathering dust, for a couple of years.  I decided to pull it down this weekend, and clean it up to chop macadamia nuts for cookies I baked for my niece, Emilie, who is in her first year of college.

Grandma AND grandpa are gone now, but it was a delightful blast from the past to put it to use again.

For the heck of it, here's an early picture of my grandparents:

 On the back of the photo it says "Virgil (26), Waitstill, 1936.
  
Here's hoping YOU have treasured family mementos that bring a smile to your face too!!!

No comments: