Sunday, August 19, 2018

Friday, July 1st, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was basically a waste.  I went in at 8:22, cleaned up from making the Music Machine the previous day, and read for awhile.

I panicked about 1:00, because M. and I were supposed to brief caravan on the retreat, but he didn't come in, nor did O., or M.  So, I went to the office to ask who was here, and, basically, it was no one.  So, I panicked thinking that it was up to me to brief caravan, alone.  Ulp!

Some of the caravan team in Iowa before their trip to Japan

The office contacted me later and said that Mr. M. was coming in around 2.  While in the office they had me try green tea (the kind used in the tea ceremony).  Yuk!...but, I put on a brave front.

M. & I went and got the caravan, brought them to M's office, and we discussed English camp and the retreat.  M. let me handle the retreat.  It's one of the first times that I've felt like I had any authority, anywhere.  I really like Mr. M. a lot!

After that M. had to leave, so I took them on a tour of Hinomoto.  I had a koto lesson at 4, and they came & each took a turn at it (and not without about 7 cameras clicking frequently).

I taught the English class at Megumi w/ Linda Lee.

No comments: