Friday, August 17, 2018

Wednesday, June 29th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Well, on this day my E.S.S. girls (Chinatsu & Michiyo, mainly) told me that Misuzu was exaggerating yesterday.  I felt a little better, and let down the frown and still "manly" mannerisms for a bit, but, there has to be some truth to the rumor if it was mentioned at all, so I'll be very careful with my motions, etc. from now on.


Today we had chapel and that was my only official thing.  I went to the library and checked out some books.  I got "Les Miserables" and 2 drama books.

Sachiko came and would not leave so I went to the library and read the Mainichi Daily News, and looked around the English book section.

Chinatsu, Michiyo, and Ree came by after school.  We had a nice time and laughed a lot.

Misuzu came for her makeup lesson after school.  She handed me an apology note and came back later, & left & came back & finally sat down for her lesson.  She apologized in her note, but I don't know how soon I'll be able to forgive, nor when I'll forget- which more than likely will be never.  Chinatsu and Michiyo were very kind and I appreciate them now more than ever!

No comments: