Monday, August 20, 2018

Saturday, July 2nd, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today I got up, did laundry, then went shopping.  I had to get a plant, some pillows, and various other things.

I came home around 2, did stuff around the apartment, then had my lesson with Kayo.

After my lesson, I caught the train to Koro, was picked up by Mr. M., and went to a ryokan nearby for English camp.  M., the caravan and I were the adults, and there were 8 girls.








We sang songs, played games, chatted, and had a good time.  Every time the girls spoke Japanese they had to pay 100 yen.  The money will go to UNICEF...needless to say several girls already owed a lot of money.

Mr. M. left around 10 to work at school, and that left me in charge.  The girls would not be quiet & go to bed, and finally the owner came and told them to go to sleep.

I finally got to bed about 12:00.

We also did fireworks outside!

No comments: