Sunday, May 27, 2018

Saturday, April 16th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was a nice day, Linda Lee and I went to the post office, she got money (and thusly did I) and she taught me to use the postal savings machine- difficult!  After that we went to Miyuki Dori to shop and had lunch at Conserve.  After shopping we went to Himeji Castle and saw the cherry blossoms.  I think I took about 30 pictures.  Japanese drummers were playing on the field and it was very crowded!






After that Nao picked me up and I went to N's for a barbeque.  It was a lot of fun.  Masano's cousin and her husband were visiting, one of Moto's friends was there, and Masano's English student was there.  We had all kinds of interesting things on the grill...fish, potatoes, beef, clams, squid, peppers, etc.

I ate beef and potatoes!!  We did karaoke inside after dark, and sang group songs- (yes we did bugaloo and the duck song).  Nao made a strawberry short cake, and it was a great time!








The real downer, however, was when I came home and got my first overseas phone bill...19,000 yen (approximately $190.00) for 3 short calls.  Oy vey!

No comments: