Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Tuesday, April 19th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was the opening of English classes.  Today was also my busiest teaching day- 3- 90 minute classes.  It doesn't sound hard, but when you consider that it was my first day of solo teaching ever, in a foreign country, with materials and concepts I've only glanced at, to students who only understand bits and pieces of what I'm saying- and that I have to make them understand- it was quite a day!

I ate lunch with Mike B., Chinatsu, and about 7 other misc. girls.  It was fun, and all the girls at lunch came to my office after school, causing me to miss the train I wanted to take home, and causing photo blindness from the over abundance of picture taking with the "gaijin" that they did.  Mr. I. drove by and gave me a ride home, so it worked out okay.

 NOT the actual train I wanted to take...

I got 3 of my boxes today- so they, and I for that matter, are all here now...a scary feeling...now I can start worrying about how to get it all home!!

I put up the E.S.S. poster today, and think I'll have a fairly good turn out for the introductory meeting Thursday.

No comments: