Monday, May 28, 2018

Sunday, April 17th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was very tiring, but fun.  I went to Hinomoto Church, stayed for a short English lesson afterwards, and then sprinted back to the apartment to change and meet Mieko Y. for lunch.  We went to good old McDonald's, and got caught up on the past four years.  We shopped for most of the afternoon, and I met a friend that she works with who I think is going to become my English pupil.



We went to the castle and I took more pictures.  We walked all over the castle grounds, visited a shrine nearby, and walked all the way around the castle for the first time (for me anyway, Mieko used to run around it in Jr. High School for track practice).







After I left Mieko I went home and got a call from Linda Lee to come over and watch the ballet "Giselle".  It was good, but would have been better live.

After that I went home and got a call from mom and dad.  They said that Stephanie had been over for dinner the night before.  I was really glad.  I love that they are getting closer...just wish I was there too!  Mom and dad leave for Vienna next Tuesday...lucky dogs!

No comments: