Thursday, May 31, 2018

Wednesday, April 20th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today has been just awful!  Last night when I went to bed I immediately had a headache, then the queasiness set in, the chills, intermittent sweating spells, sore joints, weakness- the whole enchilada.

Today I had to go to school for chapel, and was yet again introduced to the students, faculty, etc. as the new teacher- hopefully that will be the last time.

I was supposed to have a "student affairs" meeting, but asked to go home, and try to get over this.

I also missed the "friendly club" meeting tonight.  I didn't really want to go anyway, but sitting here in my apartment is getting kind of claustrophobic!!

I slept 4 hours this afternoon, and when I got up, took a walk.  The walk almost made me sicker, but it was good to get out.

Being sick always makes me homesick.  It's not very bad right now, but I do miss everyone back home.  I'm reminded of the wonderful time we had the Saturday before I left. (I also want to write about it so that it's saved for posterity).

Playing Scrabble all day was great fun, and many people were there:  Peggy & I were partners, Edna and Robin, and Mike and Stephanie.  In the first game I think Robin and Edna won. (Edna brought me a magnet and plaque, and mint chocolates, and we coaxed her into staying for spaghetti casserole).

In the 2nd game Stephanie just beat me by 5 points- ugh!  We all ate dinner, and Bud and Virginia stopped by for dessert (cherry pie, yum!).  Bud and Virginia left after dessert, and the rest of us watched "Outrageous Fortune", then parted...what a fun day!

No comments: