Thursday, June 28, 2018

Monday, May 23rd, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today I went shopping and found a rug for my office.  It's neat & was on sale, but I fear it's too small...oh well, it'll work all right.  I bought a new watch band and had a dickens of a time getting the old one off & the new one on.  I mailed "A Day in the Life..." to Steph, the mask to Robin, and bought paper balloons for mom to give to her kids.

I bought an Old El Paso taco pack, and made honest to God Mexican tacos for dinner- yum.  I also found stuffed tortellini- yay.

After dinner dome woman came to my door.  I had to call Karl (there's that dependence again) & he & I finally got figured out that she wanted to take English lessons.  She graduated from Hinomoto 9 years ago,  & she saw me walk by & followed me to see where I lived when she picked up her kids at the kindergarten next door.  I'm not sure if I'll take her a student, but probably will---it's more shopping money!  She seems very nice.

I met Michiyo at 7:20 to go to Chinatsu's taiko (drum) concert.  It was really good, and after their concert, they pulled the audience up to play too.  What fun.  Michiyo & I followed each other on all the different drums.  Chinatsu took picture of me playing-ugh!


Chinatsu & her mom brought me home, and now I'm planning tomorrow's lessons.  This evening I've felt a little homesick and lonely in realizing that I haven't seem my family for 2 months now...

No comments: