Saturday, June 9, 2018

Monday, May 2nd, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was nice, but tiring!  We left the cabin at 10:00 to walk around the lake.  It must have been 25 miles!  We didn't get home until 5:15.  We stopped for lunch and dinner along the way, but still must have walked for 6 hours or so.  We saw many neat views of the lake and mountains. 




Got back here and played Yahtzee...not much else to say.

I can't decide if I like it here or not.  It's desperately lonely, and I feel intermittently sad and happy.  It's very lonely. 

 Karl painting the view
 
 Taking photos (using the timer on my camera) to send to Stephanie


It's not my choice as vacation spot of the year, but it does have a certain charm and attractiveness.  A nice man from Canada stopped by this morning and we met a Lutheran minister and his wife (actually I met- Karl and Linda Lee already know him)- very friendly people here.


Well, I notice my writing is worse than usual (and my thoughts are jumbled and incorrect), so I'll stop for tonight.

No comments: