Friday, June 1, 2018

Saturday, April 23rd, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Ugh, it's been 3 days, but not much happened until today.  Thursday I went to school, taught my E.C. I class, then waited around school (5 1/2 hours) to have my E.S.S. Club meeting.  Only 10 girls showed up, and the meeting was very short because I still felt sick.  The bathroom was my frequent companion that day!

Friday was so eventful, that I don't remember it!  I felt fairly well so I did laundry, cleaned, did dished, etc.  I went to the post office to withdraw 40,000 yen and pushed incorrect buttons making the machine give me 40- 1,000 yen bills instead of 4- 10,000 yen bills.  Embarrassing, and tough on my wallet, but okay.  I paid my monstrous phone bill, bought aerogrammes, then went to Royal Host with Linda Lee and Karl. 

Today was wonderful, despite a few problems with my "frequent need for the bathroom" (edited from original vocabulary) and the medication that didn't quite do it's job.  (But all's well now...bathrooms in convenient places during emergency times).

I met Cathy J. by the post office where they were going before our rendezvous at McDonalds.  Nao left for work and Cathy and I were left on our own to catch up on the past 4 years, and relive some old memories (many old memories).

We laughed all day, shopped all day and, after all of that met Masano at otosan's restaurant.  She took us to Sato, then we went back to the restaurant and took crazy pictures!










They brought me back here and came in for awhile.  What a great day!  It was so nice to see Cathy again.  We lived 20 miles from each other at times, and it took coming to Japan to bring us back together.  It was just like old times!

No comments: