Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday, April 27th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was meeting day at school, and boy did I have meetings!  I met with Karl, Mike M., and another Japanese teacher for a prayer meeting at 8:30.  At 9:15, more like 10:20 (people are so slow, and never seem to be on time), met with a few Joyful Noise members to rehearse to sing at chapel.  We sang "When the Saints", "Amazing Grace", and "We Shall Overcome".

After chapel I grabbed a sandwich and then had a meeting in I's office with the student affairs committee.  It started at 12:30 (people trickled in up to 1:00).  We discussed student parking problems, and a yachting day/weekend coming up.

Then it was time for the killer faculty meeting...4 hours of bits and pieces of translation from I...at about 4:30 I was ready to scream, and get up and leave, (it started at 1:30), by 5:00 I was fit to be tied!  I'm too young to be stuck in a chair for 4 hours of arguing, and over discussion in a language I don't understand.  HOW BORING!

I got my Easter package from mom today, though, which made it all worth it...Kraft Macaroni, Cheez Whiz, Miracle Whip, Giggles, hot chocolate, chunky soup, peanut butter, Easter chocolates, Reese's p. butter eggs, Cadbury eggs, Pringles, chili powder, a sewing kit, tea bags, band-aids, etc.  What a mother!  She knows how to pack em!!!

I also went to Sato, with Karl and Linda Lee, which was nice.  I do love to eat out!!

No comments: