Friday, June 15, 2018

Tuesday, May 10th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

I met my E.S.S. girls at Himeji Station.

We toured the castle, and a nearby zoo, and had a great day.  I was really worried someone would get hurt, and I'd be in big trouble, but it all worked out okay.  I kept saying "be careful" and they'd all fake tripping or I'd really trip and they'd laugh.









 At 9:00 I watched "Beverly Hills Cop" with K's.  (Figure that one out.)

Monday I met Linda Lee to see "Dancers", but it had already left Himeji.  She was late meeting me, and I got my Mother's Day package mailed, finally.  It was only 930 yen, I was surprised.

So, I went shopping instead.  I bought little piddly things and found a braided trunk-fig for 1,000 yen.  It's in my office (I took on the train later that day).

I went into school for the "late" afternoon for the first of my conferences, but it was a waste of time.  No one showed.  3 of my 4 groups contacted me ahead of time, but the one group didn't...I was a bit upset!

Today was no major thrill.  It was my busy day, and the girls in my E.C. I class would not stop talking, so I was a big grouchy.

In E.C. IIa only 5 of my 13 students showed up.  E.C. IIb went well.  I kind of like that class.

I had more conferences today, and everyone showed but 2 girls, who I'm upset with- because they were reminded of their conference in class, and one of them was rescheduled from yesterday...grrr...

All day I worked on a photo journal called "A Day in the Life of Jeff S" for Steph...me shaving, teaching, correcting papers, taking the train, shopping, writing letters, etc.




No comments: