Saturday, June 30, 2018

Thursday, May 26th, 1988

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today I got a lot of papers graded.  My one class was okay, but I got a little angry because they wouldn't repeat things I said to repeat.  Joyful Noise practiced at lunch.

E.S.S. after school was fun.  There were about 15 girls today.  We played the name game, did vocal and acting warm-ups, the mirror activity, sang "El Shaddai", worked on mimicking, read from scripts, and had social time.

I rode the train home with Linda Lee & cleaned out my dresser drawers- oh boy!

I got a letter from Ruth G. the other day.  She wants me to sign a form to become a special service worker.  I really don't want to, because part of the pkg. is becoming involved in various missionary groups & clubs, and I don't want to!  Church women will be given my name & I'll get cards, etc. (more responsibility when I go home- program-wise).

I want to just be a teacher here, but Pennsylvania did help me with my airfare, and in getting the job to begin with, but yuk!!  

Got a letter from dad, a post card from Robin in California (she's visiting Mike, and saw Jennifer en route, in St. Louis), and a letter & some pictures from Stephanie.

No comments: