Saturday, January 9, 2016

Rice Croquettes- Recipe Box #9

I think I bought this box at the same time I bought the other one from Red Oak, Iowa.  It was QUITE a day for recipe boxes!  Here's the box:


The recipe I've chosen from this box is Rice Croquettes...they sound TASTY!


At the end of the recipe it says to "serve with maple sauce", but I can't find a recipe for it in the box, so...you're on your own for that one!  The recipe is a little "scattered", but here it is:

Rice Croquettes

1 c. hot boiled rice; 1 t. (tsp) sugar; 1 t. (tsp) butter; 1/4 t. (tsp) salt; 1 egg; 2 T. milk.    Beat all together.  Stiff shape in balls.  Roll in beaten egg and bread crumbs.  Fry in deep fat.  Drain on paper.  Candied cherry or raisin pushed in center.  Serve with maple sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments: