Saturday, February 9, 2019

Friday, February 17th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today was a pretty good day.  It was rainy, and yukky outside so I holed myself up in my apartment and cleaned out drawers, wrote 9 letters, and played my new CD player all day.

I did go to the post office to pay my 2 phone bills, and had a terrible time with my umbrella and the wind.  I also went to A-Coop and bought stuff for french toast. It wasn't as good as Kimberly's, but it was okay.

Tonight I taught my class at Megumi then came back here.  Now I'm going to tape my food stamps onto the sheets, and maybe watch a movie.

Not a terribly exciting entry (or day) but I really enjoyed just doing 1 thing (writing letters).  I was alone, and it was a pretty stress free day.

I noticed that new nameplates were put on the mailboxes today.  Here is the old one:


No comments: