Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Wednesday, March 22nd, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Monday after dinner I called Michiyo (then Kim, then Michiyo, then Kim, then Michiyo, then Kim) and got nowhere.  She (Michiyo) said her cousin was getting married in Tokyo (she told Chinatsu differently).  She also said it was okay with the others for her to miss rehearsals this week, and to have many rehearsals from the 27th to the 7th (they said she called them after she talked to me).  The lying little...blank!  I told her I would call her on the 27th to say whether she could be in the show or not.

Today I rehearsed (1 hr.) with the girls.  Chinatsu was late, Tomomi 2 hours late.  I decided to let the girls vote on whether to allow Michiyo to do the show.  They wimped out, because Michiyo's their friend so she's doing the show, but I gave the ultimatum that if she (or anyone) is late or misses any more rehearsals they are out of the show.

I'm going to work Michiyo's little butt off for the next two weeks (except that means I have to put in all the extra time now...GRRRRR!).  Needless to say I'm extremely sick of this stupid Shirotopia bullshit, and want to drop the whole friggin' mess!  I can't wait until the 10th of April when this idiotic show is over.

Anyway, one good thing came out of today.  Chinatsu brought a little printing set to make postcards.  I want to buy one- they are really cute!  The finished product looks really neat!  They are expensive though!

Yesterday I went to Rokko for the singles S.U.B. party (Surprise Un Birthday).  We had unbirthday cake, opened unbirthday presents, and played Balderdash, 2 Truths and a Lie, and Pictionary.  It was a lot of fun!


No comments: