Friday, February 22, 2019

Thursday, June 1st, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Wednesday I did basically nothing at school.  We had an English faculty mtng. that stretched out for eons with periodic breaks where people just left to do other things or talked about totally irrelevant things.  How infuriating!

After school I went home & watched taped stuff, puttered around, & went to bed.

Today was the 1st day Daniel and Sheila (filling in for the K's while they are on furlough) came to Hinomoto.  I think Karl had them in his office with the door shut all day.  He never even brought them by to introduce them. 

E.S.S. had to meet in the conference room because Y. was doing aerobics or some such nonsense in the rhythm room.  "John" came to E.S.S.  It went well.  He complimented me on my activities.

Today I had my students draw and describe me.  I got some good pictures!  I wrote my newsletter home, and got a fair amount of stuff done today.






Tonight I watched some taped stuff, and puttered around again.

No comments: