Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Saturday, March 25th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Thursday was the faculty and English teachers mtngs.  I was told they started at 3:00.  I went at 3, and of course, it had already started.  They changed the time to 2:30.  Nobu didn't know either, though.  After the English faculty meeting Nobu brought me home.

Yesterday I got travelers checks, dad's present, and found a shirt sale!  I met Linda Lee and Karl at Himeji Castle, and we went to Shirotopia.  It was fun.


We saw a 3-D show on airplanes on a super big screen, a tale of the creation of Japan, went through a fun house, saw lots of exhibits (kite show at museum)(Chinese history at history museum).  We also saw a singer, Megumi Morita, do a "Broadway type" show.  The backup dancers, costumes, etc. were fabulous (especially the short guy in the conga song!).

We got a free gift (a gold plated electroplate of Himeji Castle).



It was rainy, so there weren't a lot of people there (which was nice, but it was a very soggy day!).

We also saw unicyclists and jugglers at the World Friendship Pavilion.  That's where Aya works, so I got to see her, too.  I also got to see the stage we're performing on in a few weeks.  It's small, but we should be okay.







After I got home Kimberly called, then Kyl called.  We talked for 1 1/2 hours!  It was good to hear from him again.

Today I've cleaned, and am going to meet Kimberly in Sannomiya at 4:30.

No comments: