Monday, February 25, 2019

Sunday, July 9th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Friday night at Murasaki was fun, except that the other tables in the room we met in, were occupied by college kids and they were obnoxiously loud and one girl was stupid drunk and kept falling down...otherwise, it was fun. They did well, considering the whole evening was conversation only.

Saturday I cleaned.  I got a call from Robin and mom and dad.  At 2:00 I met Chizuru at Himeji Station.  Yoko and Yukina were there too, so I had to duck in a side door and meet Chizuru at the ticket machine.  I don't know if all of this sneaking around is worth it...

Chizuru & I went to Sannomiya and shopped for a few hours, then took the train to Okamoto.  We met Y-san on the train, so we all went together.

At Popolo we talked, etc. for awhile then started setting up for our concert.  As we were setting up, the crowd from KIBC came.  There were a lot of people...it was wonderful!  Nikki, Pam, Kimberly, Mitsuko, Masami, Charles & Mary, Dick G., a few of Kimberly's students, and Elaine all came to see the show.




The show went well.  I got lots of compliments and had a pretty good time.  I ate pizza before the show so my low notes were lost somewhere among the cheese in my stomach, but they floated to the top, and came out, later.

After the show, we all talked for awhile, then went our separate ways.  Chizuru, Elaine, Y-san, and I rode home together and had a pretty good time on the train.

I walked Elaine home (part way) then came home to attempt taking a shower to wash all the gunk out of my hair without the water heater shutting off.  Of course neither worked very well, but 4 times shampooing, and 1 time turning off the water to wait for the heater to "click" so I could turn it on again and mission was accomplished. (I truly from the depths of my soul, dislike that stupid, stupid water heater.)

Today I cleaned, did laundry, went to the grocery store, and sweat a lot.  The weather lately has been ungodly.  Can't wait to try and stay cool from now until October.  (That sentence makes no sense, but I know what I mean.)

I'm meeting Elaine at 4 to go to church.
___________________________________________

I met Elaine, she was late.  Church was good, but the hymns were prepicked, which made me rather mad.

When we got back to Himeji, Elaine and I went to Royal Host for a late dinner.  It was fun.

No comments: