Sunday, February 17, 2019

Wednesday, April 19th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Sunday night I went to Sannomiya (afternoon).  I went to Mr. Jackets about 3:00.  I bought 4 CD's, so can't go for a month now (1 CD per week). I ate at McDonalds, which was a zoo..."never go to Sannomiya on Sunday" I keep telling myself.  We had choir practice.  Mary came late with the keys (hopefully I'll get my own soon) so we all stood in the hallway and practiced for awhile.

Church was okay.  The Covenant Players were in the congregation.  I didn't introduce myself, because I was too tired to feel like conversing.  I skipped singles, and came home and went to bed.

Monday I slept in, cleaned, washed, went to the post office, went to the bank, went to Topos, bought slippers, went to A-Coop, and ran general errands.

I had a lesson with Kayo.  I made her write a letter to Robin.  She was none too happy!  Not real open to new things. 

After Kayo I went downtown, picked up my reprints, and ordered some enlargements.  I went home and watched a few episodes of "Cheers", then went to bed.  Talked to Kimberly on the phone.

Tuesday I came to school and taught my first solo classes of the year.  My E.C. I class seems like it will be fun!  In my first E.C. II class only 4 of the 8 showed. It makes me really mad when students miss the 1st day.  I refuse to go over the rules again. 

At lunch E.C. II teachers had a meeting in my office.

During 4th period Sachiko stopped by (she's here for another year).  She wrote me a letter.  It always amazes me how fluent her letters are.

I called Academy Travel about flight plans to W. Germany.  Right now I'm planning on leaving Aug. 29, and returning Sept. 13th.  I'm flying Singapore Airlines...we'll see how it goes!

I taught my Mizoguchi class.

When I got home, I sent up the answering machine Mike brought from Tom that morning.  I tried to call this Jeff fellow that Charles said was lonely and to call.  Kyl called, and I think he's going to go to Nojiri with Karl, L.L. & I...THANK GOD!

Today, so far I've typed out my Moliere unit for E. Drama, and am...eagerly...anticipating a joint Jr. College meeting tonight with Ako-san and Nobu at Kenme...


No comments: