Sunday, March 3, 2019

August 31, 1989 (Part II)

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today we got up & around & to Rothenburg.  It was a great place.  We walked along the town wall for awhile, took pictures of quaint houses, then went shopping. 


















The best place was Chrstkndlmrkt....a 12 month a year Christmas store.  I bought some ornaments and a candle/heat operated windmill. 




We saw cathedrals, museums, parks, gardens, scenic views, ate lunch at an inn.  I had a brat again.  We went to Shepherd's Church (my roots).









 It was a neat town!  I've been in Germany for 2 days and have taken 4 rolls of film.

Today we saw lots of Japanese tourists.  I struck up conversations with several people.  It was weird, and they were shocked that this Caucasian was coming up to them in Germany & conversing in Japanese.

Germany is great!  It reminds me a lot of Iowa.  Corn plants & rolling meadows.  It's so cool to think that I'm in Europe, though!

I'm finally beginning to remember & say the correct colloquialism at the right time.

We took Zanni to Rothenburg with us.  Created some minor annoyances, but it was fun.

No comments: