Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Saturday, March 17th, 1990

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Saturday night at I's was fun.  We had lasagna.  It was a nice chance to talk and relax.

After I's, Kimberly & I stayed at Mitsuko's.

Sunday I tried to call Dave about lunch, to see if we were on or not, but he still wasn't home.  So, I went to a pay phone at about 12:30 & checked my machine, & sure enough, we were meeting at 1:30, so I ran to a taxi.  I made it to our meeting place only 5 minutes late.  Dave was 10 minutes late, so it was no problem.  Thank goodness for answering machines, or it would have been chaos!

Dave & I ate at Gaylord's, then shopped for awhile.  He's going back to the states in May, so we talked a lot about going home.

At 4:45 was choir, b. study, etc.  I came home soon after church ended.

Monday was spent packing & cleaning.

Tuesday was the graduation party...lots of karaoke, & fish dishes, but I got flowers & Daniel, Sheila & I managed to finagle our way to the same table.














Tuesday afternoon I shopped, packed, cleaned, etc.

Wednesday was graduation chapel.  It was really boring.  The speaker spoke for 1 hour.  I had to give a farewell speech.  M. translated.

The rest of Wednesday I shopped, packed, cleaned, etc.  Wednesday evening I went to the M's for dinner...our last- shoot!  It was a nice time!

Thursday was graduation- long & dull.  Chinatsu had to give a speech & was crying.

After the ceremony Mike & I left soon after.  We got bento lunches for going.  When I got home, I opened it & it was the basic, yucky, fishy junk.  I ate the hot dog, threw the rest away & ordered a pizza.

After that I went shopping, cleaned, blah, blah, blah.

Friday was more of the same.  At 4:30 I went shopping & met Mike & Resa at 5:15 to go to "Turner & Hooch" w/Tom Hanks.  The dog was destructive.  I hated it, then started liking it when it calmed down, then it got shot & died...stupid movie!  It was pretty good.

After that we went to Conservo for dinner, then to the B's for videos.  It was a tape of comedies.  It was nice!

Today I've practiced for my concert tomorrow- ulp, made salad for the farewell party, cleaned, etc.

Mitsuko's coming over at 2:00.  Then we're off to the bbq.  Look forward to it "de mo", dreading it!

No comments: