Saturday, March 16, 2019

Thursday, October 5th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Saturday was the church picnic at the Rokko Arboretum.  It was a really nice part on Mt. Rokko.  We played games, ate lunch, went on a scavenger hunt, had relay & various races, built a pyramid, Mitsuko & I wrestled, and had a nice day.










After the picnic, we went to a coffee shop in Sannomiya, then met Daniel & Sheila at the eki.  We went to Ashiya-gawa and, after the clueless taxi drivers found the place, went to Tony Roma's for ribs.

We had to sit separately, so Masami S. and I sat together.  We ordered onion rings, ribs, and fajitas, then shared it all.  We had a nice, in depth, talk and enjoyed each others company.

After dinner I went back to Kimberly's and spent the night.

Sunday we went to church.  I led music.  After church we went to Central Station at OPA for lunch.  After lunch we (Kimberly, Kishimoto, me) went to B's for the afternoon.  I got choir stuff ready & ordered a new bible & some C.S. Lewis books.

There were only 6 at choir practice.  Bummer.  Church was the Lord's Supper.  I had to music lead a lot...got kind of annoying...everyone wanted to sing. (Just give testimony & sit down I began to think)...

I came back to Himeji after church.

Monday I puttered around the house and did errands.  Daniel & Sheila came over for dinner.

Tuesday school started again.  The students forgot most of their English over the summer...

In the evening I taught at Mizoguchi.

Wednesday eve I made chicken & dumplings and watched t.v.

I also sent a letter, resume & pictures to a modeling agency.  We'll see if anything comes of it.

Today I taught class & am not correcting summer journals, etc.

No comments: