Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Monday, December 11th, 1989

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Monday night Mitsuko didn't come over.  She had told me earlier that she had a Christmas party to go to, but I forgot, and made dinner.  At 8:00 I ate, and at about 9:30 she called from Sannomiya.  I told her to go home, since she didn't get a hold of Elaine & might not be needed.

Tuesday was busy as usual.  Nothing to report, except that Ayumu seemed ticked off, but I don't know why.

Wednesday I spent most of the day working on a letter to Mrs. K., the Jehovah's Witness.  The Messengers were at chapel, but I was busy formulating the letter.  In the afternoon I had a student affairs mtng, but proofread the typed letter, then went home.  Mitsuko came over at 5:00, and the plumber came at 5:30.  Monday, I flushed the end of the toilet brush and clogged the pipe.  He fixed it, then we ran to catch a bus to Aoyama, but there weren't any, so we took a taxi.

We had yakisoba at the M's, looked at pictures then caught the bus (the last one at 9:05, luckily we got to the bus top at 9:03) home, and went to sleep.

Thursday Mitsuko went to Elaine's & I went to school.  In class we played a game from the book.

3rd period Mika came to look at pictures of Europe.  I left around 4:00 & went home & vegged.

Friday I went in at 10, taught my 3rd period class, and went home w/ the M's.

Friday night Mitsuko came at 5 and we ordered a pizza.  I went to teach my Friday class (there were only 2).  Since there were so few people we went to an okonomiyaki restaurant and to Aoyama Sports Garden to play video games.

Mitsuko was supposed to go to Elaine's, but didn't feel well and cancelled.

I came home at 9:15.  Mitsuko was asleep, but got up when I came in.  We talked for awhile, then went to sleep.

Saturday she went to Elaine's early & got back here at around 9:30.  We talked for awhile, then she left.

I cleaned & did laundry, then went shopping.  At 2:15 I met Mike, Resa, Nathan, and Renee (Resa's sister & brother-in-law) at OS Theater & we saw "Back to the Future II".  It was really good (but chaotic!)!

After the movie, we went to Royal Host & sat by some yakuza, then to B's.

I didn't stay long, because I wanted to make bus connections.

I went to bed around 10:30.

Sunday, I met Mika A. at Himeji Station.  We took a bus back to my place because I forgot my wallet, then another bus back to the station.

We went on a super crowded shinkaisoku to Sannomiya & walked to Ijinkan (foreigners village).  It was moderately interesting.

After Ijinkan, we went shopping, then to Merikan Park to see the ocean (actually the bay full of buildings, surf breakers, cranes, & other ugly harbor scenes).  We took some crazy pictures, then walked to Hankyu.











Choir, b. study, & church were as usual, except that the church service was the kids program & total chaos.  Mika came & said she had a good time.

Mika, Kathy, Kimberly's friend & I rode the shinkaisoku back (Kimberly's friend got off at Hishi-Akashi).

Mika & I went to the back of the train to run to our next train. 

At Kyoguchi a drunk ran into me & apologized 3 different times.

I came home, my ear hurt & I went to bed.

Today I've done laundry, cleaned, de-sludged the ofuro, again, bought groceries, watched t.v., and recuperated from yesterday.  My feet hurt from all the walking...am I getting old?!

No comments: