Tuesday, March 5, 2019

August 31, 1989 (Part IV)

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Today it rained.  We left Zanni here (at the apartment).  First we went to Miltenburg.  We went to a fortress, but it was closed for renovations.  The walk up through the woods was neat.  We shopped and I had problems with paying by travelers check (we went back to the same store later & a different clerk took it, no problem).


After a quick lunch we went to Wertheim.  There was a castle ruin there.  It was gorgeous!












We shopped a little, then came home.  Later we're going to Giebelstadt for dinner at the Lutz.

It was cloudy all day, but nice.  I was rather upset when no one would take my checks, but a nice lady at the last shop we went to took it no problem, and things looked up from there.

No comments: