Thursday, March 14, 2019

August 31st, 1989 (Part XIII)

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Tuesday we slept in, then got up & around & exchanged our remaining francs.  We had lunch at the officers club (taco salad...yum!).  I tried to get a haircut, but had to make an appointment for the next day.

We spent the rest of the day baking (tomato cheese bread) and talking.

Wednesday, we got up & went to the salon.  I got a cut and highlights put in my hair.  It looks really good.

We went into Wurtzburg and shopped, went to McDonalds for lunch, then went home, got Zanni, and went into Ochsenfurt to buy bread to feed the ducks.    We stayed by the river for a  few hours, then went home.


Di called Mark, we picked him up, then drove to Frankfurt to the airport.  Di cried when we parted at the gate.  It was nice.

My flight home (from door to door) lasted 36 hours, including a 6 hour layover in Singapore.

I arrived in Osaka Friday at 8 a.m. My ear was totally plugged (it's still a little plugged and it's Wednesday...).  The weather was hot, sticky, and gross.

No comments: