Saturday, March 2, 2019

August 31st, 1989 (Part I)

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

I left Kimberly's house Tuesday morning around 8:30.  I caught the bus in Sannomiya with 50 million other Japanese.  I got through the airport, etc. and now I'm in Germany.  The flight was 6 hours from Osaka to Singapore with a 3 hour layover there.  Then 13 hours form Singapore to Frankfurt with a stop in Bangkok.  I  met a nice German couple from Berlin.  Rolf and Karla E.  That made the trip seem shorter.

I got through the airport and customs and Dianne was waiting right outside the door.  We left and immediately started touring.  First, we told each other how great we looked, then we came to Ochsenfurt to drop my stuff off.  I changed into a sweater, and we went to Ochsenfurt to a konditorei for cake & coffee.  We shopped and fed the ducks, then went to the gummi bear factory, but it was closed, so we went on to a military base to buy gas.





After that we went to Mainbernheim to take pictures on the walls around the city.  All of the buildings are so neat...window boxes, flowers, wood beams, red roofs.  After M. we went to Sulzfeld.  There we went to an antique store, and ate at an inn.  I had a brat.  Dianne had sauerbraten.  We sat by the river, then went to Wurzburg.  We shopped and saw the final resting place of St. Kilian (Kilian's Dome).







After that we came home.  I met Mark again, then we went to Frickenhausen to eat (our 4th try, everything was closed).  Then we came home & went to bed.

No comments: