Thursday, March 28, 2019

Random Photos Not Highlighted in My Journal Entries: 1988-1990

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Things clearly got a little hectic during my last few days in Japan, since the entries end with my previous blog post, which was a few days before Kimberly and I headed on our TRIP AROUND THE WORLD, before returning to the states.

Reading back through my journals, and looking through the THOUSANDS of photos I took, there are some events for which I didn't write a journal entry.

Here...in no particular order...are photos that merit being included...

Chinatsu and Michiyo "helping" me teach Misuzu's English lesson...


My office azalea bonsai plant...
 Wisteria and hibachi with Hiroko, Akira, and Koji at Hinomoto...
 


The sign just inside my office door.  I pointed to it every time a student tried to speak to me in Japanese...
The view from my office window during my two years teaching there...



Rice harvest in Koro...




Kimberly prepping for her class...
Game night at the B's...



 Prayer tree at Himeji eki...

Friendly class at Megumi Church...

Searching for tadpoles with Becky I...
Hiroko performing the tea ceremony...
 Me...cooking something at Mike & Resa's...
 Hmmmm...
Just hanging out in my office with a bunch of jr. college girls...
Wednesday night dinner with Hiroko, Akira, and Koji...


My office at Hinomoto...



My last cherry blossom season in Japan...













Random shots around Miyuki Doori...






My apartment building...and apartment while packing to move out...




No comments: