Saturday, March 23, 2019

Monday, February 12th, 1990

Note:  This is a series of journal entries from my two years living in Himeji, Japan (1988-1990).  I'm archiving them electronically through my blog.  Last names have been deleted and replaced with first initial only.  For details on this series of blog entries, see this post.

Saturday night I met Kimberly and Mitsuko and we went to Mike and Resa's.  I made dinner.  We had spaghetti casserole.  Kimberly did garlic bread, and Mitsuko made the salad.  After dinner we played Balderdash.  K & M had to get home, so we left around 9:30.

Sunday I went to church.  Afterwards we had singles.  After singles I stayed over at Mitsuko's.  We got up Monday and studied TOEFL for awhile, then I came home.  Robin called.  I spent the rest of the day vegging.

Tuesday was final exams.  They went pretty well.  All the teachers wore black armbands and I wrote on the board "Don't let this be your funeral.  #1 relax.  #2 Do not cheat!" (we are such a creative bunch).  E.C. II tests went very quickly, then I graded tests and went to Mizoguchi.


Wednesday I went to school late, graded tests, and came home.

Thursday was the same.

Friday I went in, and gave my English Drama test (fairy tale performances).  They did really well.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Friday eve. I taught at the city building.  Only 2 students, but I got paid.

Thursday & Friday I took the 3:51 train...packed with high school boys & girls.  Ugh!

Saturday I spent the day scrubbing the shelf above the sink, removing the layer of greasy sludge from the gas pipe, did laundry, etc.

I hooked up the video walkman to dub some stuff from big tapes to small tapes.

Sunday I met Dave in Sannomiya, and we went to Fog City Diner for lunch.  We ran into Akira and Hiroko there.

After lunch we shopped.  I bought a CD & got one free, because my point card got full.

I went to choir, b. study, and church, then the singles went to Dave's for an over nighter.  We ate pizza, watched "Tootsie", "Witness", "Batman", and "Nuts".  It was really fun.  We talked, Dave brought down his surf board (to lay above us?), and we went to bed at 6:30 this morning.


Ryohei and Angie





 Kimberly, Matsumoto, and Keiko
Masami

Kimberly and Dave

Today we got up & around & left.  I came home, slept from 11:30 - 3, & recorded some stuff on my walkman.  Major veg. day!

No comments: